Primus Perioperative resources have years of experience at the Executive Director, Director, or Manager levels.
Our experience has been gained while working with some of the most complex organizations in the United States and abroad.
Our team holds to the Primus philosophy: provide deep expertise, come in and do the work, and deliver results.
CHALLENGE: REDUCE FIRST CASE START DELAYS
On average, 30% of 1st cases were starting on time, which resulted in cascading delays throughout the day. Also, between case turnover times were higher than goals that had been established by Periop Leadership.
- Analyzing the problem: Arrival times, delays, preop chart creation, OR room readiness
- Discovering why: 30% of patients weren’t pre-registered
- Solving it: RPI teams tear apart existing workflows
- Measure Results: Daily publication of chart completion, rewards to teams
- Change culture: Consistent team breakfast and celebration of successes
Over a 12 week timeframe, we achieved marked improvements through focused attention and solution implementation.