Ultimately, optimization efforts should create increased volumes and/or profitability
Primus’ approach: address both strategic and operational optimization efforts to achieve the desired results.
PERIOP OPTIMIZATION: STRATEGIC IMPROVEMENTS
The organization’s Strategic Roadmap should drive Optimization efforts
What are the organization’s Centers of Excellence?
What Services are more profitable?
How do operational improvements enable successful strategic implementation?
- Reallocate OR availability to strategically important and/or profitable Surgical Service lines.
- Increase volume within existing OR physical capacity.
- Calculated Net Revenue Contribution Margins for each Surgical Service.
- Identified Services to be expanded—and allocated OR time to allow for that growth.
- Optimized block schedule and set overall increased utilization targets.
- Created a dedicated Add-On room to absorb urgent cases.
- Adjusted clinic schedules to complement OR block schedule.
Year 1 Volumes increased 4.4% and Margins increased 6%.
Year 2 Volumes again increased 4.4%.
Year 3 Volumes increased a further 10%, increasing the hospital’s bottom line by $5.4 Million.
PERIOP OPTIMIZATION: OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS
The Start: Optimized Workflow
Primus utilizes proven techniques to assess current state, benchmark against best practice, and develop effective plans of correction.
“I have personally worked with Primus from the beginning of the project. I can say they not only know the product but have proved themselves over and over again; both during the training phase and at implementation. They spend countless hours being available to the staff and leadership to ensure the transition was smooth.”
Peggy Flint, RN, MSN, CNOR
Clinical Manager of Surgical Services at All Children’s Hospital
EFFECTIVE WORKFLOW, OR LACK THEREOF, IMPACTS EFFICIENCY IN THE HIGH PRESSURE PERIOPERATIVE ENVIRONMENT.
- Primus utilizes proven techniques to assess current state, benchmark against best practice, and develop effective plans of correction.
- We do more than make recommendations – we PARTNER with our clients in workflow redesign to improve efficiency and quality of patient care.
- We specialize in analysis of the Perioperative patient journey from the point of Scheduling, through Pre-Admission Testing, Preop, Intraop and PACU.